The shaft driven R75 was in early production of 1940 equipped with steel boxes to carry spare gear but as the war wore on the need for metal meant that the later bikes were issued with leather pannier bags instead.
The bike was an engineering masterpiece with the introduction of hydraulic brakes and the technical innovation of the complicated gear box on this machine. Nothing of its calibre existed at that time in any form, either civilian or military.
|Weight||Unloaded 600 kg approx.|
|Capacity||Carries 3 men and equipment.|
|Features||4 on road gears, 4 off road gears, reverse and a differential lock to power the side car wheel in difficult terrain and conditions.|
|Boot||Storage space, spare wheel fitting all wheels including sidecar.|
|Storage||Leather bags or steel boxes fitted on front or sidecar for storage.|
|Weapon||Mount on front of sidecar for MG 34 machine gun.|
|Top Speed||65 mph|
|Fuel||34 litre tank and spare jerry can be mounted|